Wednesday, August 08, 2007

welcome to the future


I woke up. ate breakfast and then listened to william gibson talk on NPR. The one nugget I pulled from his talk was about his vision of the future truly being like reganomics on steroids. No middle class, the rich living like kings and the poor living in an equally rich squalor.

I guess I better learn to enjoy living simply. Perhaps like minded people will move back to the land even farther north than my parents did to try to once again etch out a living in the rural communities outlying Maine/nh/vermont/quebec/new brunswick.

Oooh oooh Techno city
Hope you enjoy your stay
Welcome to Techno city
You will never want to go away
--Cybotron, "Techno City" (1984)

"The 'soul' of the machines has always been a part of our music. Trance always belongs to repetition, and everybody is looking for trance in life... in sex, in the emotional, in pleasure, in anything... so, the machines produce an absolutely perfec t trance."
--Ralf Hütter, 1991, quoted in Kraftwerk: Man Machine and Music, Pascal Bussy

article

1 comment:

Brit Wolfson said...

learn to harvest gold in world of warcraft :)

that's my advice