Tuesday, September 01, 2009

stolen htc g1


So someone stole my google phone and am now scrambling to take all necessary steps to get it back. This is a catastrophe as it contained SOOO much personal data and many pictures I had not backed up. THe monetary cost was not so great but the sheer amount of money spent on modifying and buying upgrades and software for the phone is where I feel I have had something much more than a phone taken from me. Thanks to having Track My Life by www.SmartGPSWorld.com installed on the handset I was able to track where my phone was taken to (see the attached screenshot from track my life's google maps web interface).

THis experience has caused me to see some sides of tmobile and cell phone carriers in general that seem to be self serving and PRO THEFT.

read about the arguments here

http://forums.mobiledia.com/topic61587.html

Has anyone out there successfully obtained a subpoena for your stolen cell phone? I spoke with a representative from the sheriffs office and he basically told me that it would cost me upwards of $500 in legal costs just to get the ball rolling. Seems prohibitive... and even if I do get the imei blocked for tmobile... the thief can unlock the phone and use ATT!

1 comment:

heather martian said...

awwww, pics of my babies!?
plus remember when you lost your camera, more lost pics :0(