Wednesday, August 25, 2010

attempting a consistent mini diary



August 25- Sept 5.

August 25,

rainy and 66 as of this writing.

observed people cleaning up the Amtrak tracks underneath 48th street overpass while walking Cleo. Cleo as is typical when it rains wanted nothing to do with being outside. I woke up with Heather early and started attempting to finish of a work project that involved talking to Verizon and sitting on hold for 30 minutes for the same issue I thought was solved yesterday. Verizon FAIL. I cooked some red potatoes on the stove hash brown style with MAGGI chicken stock, black pepper and lots of red pepper, onions, garlic, and some water to keep it from burning and to spread the stock tablet. It was delicious.

We found a banana so rotten that it was leaking down the refrigerator from a tiny hole in the end opposite of the stem. *(Cleo later dug through the trash and brought it into our bed.) thanks Cleo... you always know just the right stuff to haul into my sleeping area to gnaw on.


Lunch, Bahn Mi thanks to Sarah Cho. Thanks Sarah! it was fantastic and extra spicey.

rode bike to Tribeca, rode bike back to Noho, then rode home!

Domino's delivery for dinner. Cinna sticks, breadsticks and two regular pizzas. The most intersting part of this meal was the way it was delivered, by a terribly confused Côte d'Ivoirian who only moved to new york 2 months prior. He kept calling me on the phone to ask me if I lived at SIX EIGHT EIGHT. I kept replying yes and then he would hang up and call me again asking the same question. This went on for about 4 tries and then I saw him riding on a bike going the wrong way down 10th ave on the opposite side of the street so I flagged him down. He looked like he had just learned to ride a bike and was practicing on the most treacherous roads possible. Poor guy. It's got to be a rough life for an immigrant in New York these days. Which reminds me of the big new piece of graffiti across the street from our apartment sprayed above the amtrak tunnel overpass exclaiming "Illegal = OUT".

No comments: