Wednesday, May 09, 2007

my prosper.com bio

I grew up in somerset county in central maine in a town known for its rivers, lakes and its good topsoil.

As a child I was the shoveler, paper route boy, lawn mower, odd job kid. In high school I went on to fixing computers and hooking up rural people to dial up internet for extra money.

College led me to canada to experience life in a foreign country in the economically challenged maritime province of nova scotia. 4 years in the maritimes gave me the base I needed to understand the difficulty of being a foreigner trying to find work outside of your native country.

After finishing school in Halifax I went home to Maine to live in Portland and become a technician. Fixing computers and giving office help to the techno challenged small businesses in the old port. While in Portland I worked with many different types of businesses on a daily basis while working for a very niche business called Pierres of exchange.

I now work for a .com in the Boston area. Webex.com I provide technical support for their weboffice customers. I still have clientelle from maine that calls me regularly for help with their digital issues.

My goal is to one day be able to be my own boss helping smaller businesses to stay profitable against the mounting pressure of bigger business.

No comments: