Wednesday, February 20, 2008

light years away in a land with sun and heat (and kebabs)






!4 hours goes by surprisingly fast when your neighbor hands you a xanax and you wash it down with a few bloody marys. I slept like a baby! Except for the fact that i had completely insane dreams about being caught in the middle of a robot war slash galactic crashup derby. My unconcious is nuts lately. Must be all of the vitamin X.

My neighbor for 14 hours was a nerdy gay fella who was absorbed in a sci fi book called "the genesis machine". He was from illinois. Go fighting Illini! just kidding. GO SPORTS! got you again. My other neighbor on the plane was a very kind lady named margaret who was on vacation with her husband who coincidentally reminded me of the father from "arrested development". Mundane details begone. onto more cool stuff than the people sitting next to me.

My cousin Steve Hopkins picked me up at the airport and the whole ordeal from san fran to sydney and sydney to brisbane went slicker than I imagined it would... I kept asking myself... what time is it... what day is it. why is brisbane a different area code than sydney??? it turns out Queensland does not participate in daylight savings and is therefore like arizona and indiana! Im not sure how I feel about bucking trends. I dont have any idea why some people have to be difficult... I am one of those types! If I were a state or province I think I could best be summed up as hmmm. I need to think about that more before answering. Here is info about daylight savings time in queensland! YAY

http://www.nodaylightsavingqld.com/dark.htm


The car ride to Mooloolba where I'm staying was rather nice for a highway drive and I saw lots of large birds similar to herons but with larger broader bills.

I am in what is called the sunshine coast which is a 100 km stretch of coast north of brisbane
http://www.bcl.com.au/sunshine-coast/ more about it in the link here

1 comment:

altirie said...

speaking of bucking trends, being difficult and breaking rules...Thanks for the FastPass! I got a chance to use it On my way to and from Manchester Tues and Weds. Brought Jay to the airport for his Cali tour. Crazy that you missed each other by two days. Kebabs, huh? Sounds like yum. I had thai food tonight w/ Casey-Lynn, Eva and Jess. Maybe I can get Declan to make some Kebabs for us on the grill this weekend at the Spoon.