Friday, February 22, 2008

Queensland







Not all that much to report as I got a sunburn that has house ridden me for a few days. Steve and I went out to Coolum and Noosa Beach to check out if the recent typhoons had ripped up much of the sand. Coolum seemed to bare the brunt of it and noosa seemed untouched as it has some natural protection from noosa point. Noosa beach was fine brown sand almost like brown sugar but finer. The women were gorgeous and the waves werent half bad. Coolum had 12 foot swells with a so so break and I wish I had gone in for some body surfing there as well. I spent way to much time on the beach just lounging and ended up burning myself pretty bad. I hate how you really cant tell until an hour afterward how bad you've screwed up. I did use sunblock of my face, neck, and ears thank goodness. speaking of which it is about 97 degrees today and I better go "slip slap slop" myself all over before we head out for the day.

Its been really nice just hanging out here with my cousin steve and his wife heather. They are very laid back and very accomodating. They recently retaught me to play rummy and then canasta with their friend named greg who is a lifelong qld'er. Canasta has a bit more to learn than rummy I learned. I caught on alright and look forward to playing with the brushetts at some point in the future as im sure they are into it as well. Heather and Greg wasted us.

The sunshine coast has treated me well in the seafood category. You may notice a picture of a lobster looking creature below. I was quite taken by this new addition to my crustacean knowledge base. this freak of nature crustacean is a cross between a prawn and a lobster.It is a shovel-nose lobster. Instead of claws, it has a flat, segmented surface that it uses to "shovel" things into its mouth cavity. I cant wait to taste one!

2 comments:

altirie said...

I know you probably learned your lesson, but I have to get this off my chest because it is what I do...WEAR SPF 30! Also, I love the Blue T-shirt w/ the rainbow shark teeth on you. Is that yours or did you borrow it from Steve?

stholl said...

Hey RJ,
Amazing to see all the places and faces in your travels. Please give my love and hugs to all the family as you see them. I wish I could be there with you. NO MORE SUNBURNS!
I'll email you at your hotmail address, tonight.
Love, Mom