Thursday, October 27, 2011

Occupy Wall Street.



Q: what do
Drummers, wikileaks, artists, anarcho capitalists, Ron Paul supporters, the green party, the NYCISO.org, goths, anarchists, democrats, independents, tourists from poland, and me all have in common?

A: We all agree that some heads need to roll after the american public was ripped off by wall street led by Hank Paulson, Ben Bernanke, Tim Geithner, and Larry Summers in 2008. We have been in Zucotti park since early October protesting the criminally lame government response from the Obama Administration. I have personally been down there for only a few days but am completely in solidarity with their basic cause, which is that middle class (and poor, working poor) Americans are not getting a fair shake.

"Labor groups are now praising the Wall Street demonstrators for clarifying a message they say has been theirs all along: that no one on Wall Street has been held accountable for causing the financial crisis, and that cuts to government budgets hurt the lives of working people."


- source city hall news - Bob Master, political director of Communications Workers of America District 1 and a co-chair of the labor-backed Working Families Party

And while many of the city’s larger unions are eager to piggyback on the rising media popularity of the Wall Street protestors, others are more cautious.
“I’m not going down there,” said Greg Floyd, president of the Teamsters Local 237. “I’m looking for permits and I’m looking for an agenda. We want to be supportive, but I need to know what I’m supporting.”
- source city hall news



Here are the pictures I have taken hastily with my cell phone so far.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/wallaroo/sets/72157627944969602/

No comments: