Thursday, July 19, 2007

to the universe


I just caught a vibe from you oh universe. Once in a while you send me some discreet packets of energy that I can not ignore. I must say this was sparked by an email from a friend who has always challenged me to seek truth.

I felt the need to express this openly.

I have experienced an amazing life. from the outside looking in I am sometime unsure what my life looks like to others. Many people have told me I am inspiring, or that they admire my outlook on life, my self effacingness, my smile... usually just that they don't understand how I am happy all of the time. It is because of all of you and for how god/the universe/infinity constructed you to challenge and reward me in such a delicate balance.


People and Things I am grateful for


Cam and Sandy Tholl for having the craziest dream.
for seeing almost the entire US by the time I was 12.
a 3 week vacation to Italy
Innumerable trips to lakes and streams to fish and frolic
jumping off ropeswings and boats into fast moving rivers
Driving my car (buick/subaru/nissan/mazda) practically over the entire gorgeous surface of drivable Maine.
Sugarloaf USA for all of the best runs and views a kid could possibly get on the east coast.


1)Betty Stanwood
2)Eleanor Barnhart
3)Gus Ives for his spiritual guidance and presence
4)Dee Dee /Hill/Spencer for being great cousins
5)The Haines Family
6)The Brushetts what a family.
7)Micah Garneau
8)The Rudmans (all of them)
9)My immediate family + Dale Maloney we are a ragtag bunch of nutbags but I love you with all my heart
10)The Keens especially Carolyn who helped to bring up the children of North Anson while everyone was working
11)The Agrens
12)The Beans of Moscow
13)Joseph Palacci of Pierres
14)The Maine School of Science and Math
15)THe Landry family of New Portland
16)Portland Maine and the surrounding area which has been like the best playground a man could have.
17)Megan Walsh and her ever giving presence. Gave me so much
18)The Schiers and all of their stories\food\sarcasm\ and music
19)Mama Donna Oehmig and Brit Wolfson
20)Onkel Bob Fern for caring so much it makes him mad.
21)The Starr's of SOlon Maine
22)Carrabec High School and all of the people in it who gave me all that it had to give.
23)Paul Thompson whom changed my life
24)Danielle Nika Askini with her ever giving spirit and what a BRAIN
25)The Veligors
26) The Ruel's (terry and melissa)
27) The Lachance's who were there for me always in the first half of my life.
28) The Williams (Kara, Dana, Donna, and the rest of that wonderful family)
29) The Dunphys for their worlds best sense of humor
30)Josh Dolby the man with unexhaustible energies for good works.
31)Donna Harrington for always telling me I was AWESOME
32) Mark Diaz for his positive forces
33)Bob Quance for teaching me what fatherhood is all about.
34)Craig Carter for his passing on of the devine frequencies
35) Rodney Skerry my big brother in Scotia
36) Sammi Latouf you know all of the good things you have done for me.
37) Mr & Mrs. Bubar for being the best neighbors a kid could have
37) Mr. Paul and family... for teaching me to fish and all of his kindness
38)Merril ALdercotte
39)Lauryn Nadeau
40) Rebecca ROy for everything even the awkward moments
41)Kris "Stella" Austin
42)THe Judkins boys of North New Portland
43)THe Vaughn family of Lexington Maine.
44)THe Caldwells of Anson and Embden what a family
45) Matt Silvia for giving me hip hop and
46) Nova Scotia \Dalhousie and all my friends there
The breathtaking beauty found within maritime canada.
47) The Taylor family of North Anson
48) The Brown Family of Denmark Maine
49)Joel Jerome for his kindness
50)North Anson (sad 74 in general) and all of the people in it for giving me the ultimate childhood full of all the things childhood should be. I could not think of a more perfect stage for the play of my life to start out. I owe so much to these people.
51)THe Berz Family in Limestone Maine for all of their love.
52)Ardrianna French for her love. I'm sorry
53)The Church Family of Lexington for all of the good times
54)The Spencer Family of Moscow Maine.
55) T-mobile.. for being the best wireless carrier... no just kidding.. you suck.
56)Claire Kenway... for being my soul partner. I feel this girls energy 3000 miles away. Love her to peices.
57) The Chin Family of Farmington. Art, humor, kindness and healthy food in the barren gulag days.
58) Cara Burns. we have always clicked in an amazing way. I wish you the best of all things.
59)The Mason Family of Hingham Mass.
60) The Taylor family of North Anson. You guys always felt like family and sometimes we sure fought like we were. Through it all though I am very glad to have known you. 61)Amy Chesnut. The first time I met you I sensed that we would share something sometime someway and we did. You are a fantastic human being. I am sorry if I ever hurt you in any way. You never ever deserved it.
62)The Kaldro Family, you are a kick ass family. I need to come back and spend some time with you.
63) Pat,Louis, Lynn Audet. You were so good to us at the hardest time in my life. Lynn, thanks for putting up with us. I know it was tough and the pay was measely.
64)Micah Garneau and the Garneau family. Jeeeeze have we ever been through some of lifes curves. Up and down, good and bad. Thanks for being so different.
65)Dr. James patterson for all of your hardwork and dedication. It always felt naturally good to be around you. You gave so many of us good advice and a better chance.
66) The Martin Family of Fahi Pond road. I know you dont live there now but you always will in my memory. You were tough SOB's. I couldnt hang sometimes and had to cry when you got too rough. But I think of you when I think of tough people.

4 comments:

Fish said...

Look out the window.

And doesn't this remind you of when you were in the boat?

Then later that night, you are lying, looking up at the sky, and the water in your head is not dissimilar from the landscape.

And you think to yourself, "Why is it that the landscape is moving, but the boat is still?"

Unknown said...

"i love you, jenny. always have, always will..."
i knew that, as i know i will always love you. you're always going to be part of my family. even if i am #54ish on your list :)

Josh said...

You're the best, JR.

gus ives said...

never forget what you are gratefull for - who you are- and how you became who you are - and that someone is always watching you even when you dont know it- even if its the moon laughing back at you -