Tuesday, March 04, 2008

January 30 to March 3rd a retrospect

Boston:
Jesse Fish saw me off during his morning as I dropped off my car.

Brooklyn
Brendan and Devin Mullins put up with me sleeping on their spare mattress for days, thank you so much. Great to see Bwolf, VV, and Todd. Pats lost, way to go.

Chicago
Jeff and Stacy let me crash in their kitty kats launch pad for a night. Goblets of red wine and fairly decent thai food were to be had. Great to see you even if it was short on time.

Minneapolis
What can I say... i love you guys. Micah was hella sick and rebecca had her hands full with little mister squirmy McVindaloo pants aka jonah garneau. I had these nice walks along the river that kept me inspired while there in the izaak walton nature preserve
Seattle
Danielle and Scott were so fun and had a nice comfy place. We saw a bit of the city together and talked about politics, the nature of spacetime, and our sex lives. awesome. i bought a bike and left it there. ive never done that before.
Vancouver
Katie Brushett was a great hostess in between going to school. Vancouver left a big indent on me. I feel like I will be seeeing that place again. Good to see Claire K. as well. Lunch at brioche was f*ing awesome.

San francisco
I cant talk about some of the fun I had there obviously... the cia definitely reads this shit. Alex Ryan was the man of course, zip carring me around, letting me use his bike. So happy to see him with a nice lady such as Sarah. So much good food... shrimp salads at peruvian MI Lindo was the type of food that makes me want to get laid off again and go to central and south america.
Sunshine coast QLD AU
Cousin Steve and Heather were very hospitable and lived in a nearly resort quality pad... if you get a chance to go there i would advise you to stay with them. Heather will make you tea every 12 seconds and they even have tons of good healthy snack food. watch her on the canasta table tho.. she is tricky! Sitting around smoking butts, shooting the shit and watching Steve build a shed was one of those times ive been robbed of with such a far flung family... its the familiar normalcy that much of my life has missed.
Brisbane QLD AU
Backpackers hostel, canadians, guy from perth, finnish girls, china town, drunk irish guy, etc... I had fun being a tourist in this town.
Coffs Coast NSW AU
Reunited with 3 of the 5 clans that I have in australia here. I'm still here and very much enjoying it. Everything revolves around the ocean here in coffs harbour. Ive met the locals and shit, they drive tracktors, love boats, fishing, and shooting stuff. we as a human family are all the same... the ex brits anyway.

2 comments:

Fish said...

Dear RJ,

North America misses you.

-J

Donna Oehmig said...

Dude,
you are living.
congratulations for getting out there and following your dream, finding your family, tribe, seeing and experiencing so much of the world.
you are giving a great gift to all you encounter, the gift of, YOU, how fortunate they are.
we do miss you, but please do enjoy everything, give yourself, love and come home when you're ready,
we will all love to see you and hear your tales,
love you,
Donna