Sunday, March 02, 2008

yahau. (yet another half assed update)

in and around coffs harbour

I'm currently staying in woolgoolga.
Home of
the big banana,
many hindu sikhs
Dan, Alya, Rebecca, & Benjamin Hopkins,

fine white sand beaches and aquamarine water. I have seen wallaby's, eastern grey kangaroos (so many roadkill roos its very sad), goanna's (giant komodo style lizards that climb trees) banana and avocado trees, frangipannies (gorgeous flower that smell like sweet perfume), 15 different types of orchids. Its gorgeous here total understatement.

Not only that, ive spent alot of time reacquainting with family I have not seen in ages, also members of the family that I've never met. Hanna's kids are great... so are allan and hannah of course. They have this easy going beauty about them... although they keep real busy with all of the kids and their many activities... like nippers. Nippers is similar to the swimming lessons we have in the east only its in the ocean and they add a competitive aspect of running races and swimming races every class. I felt like I was looking in on something very east coast australian. Lots of parents milling around watching their kids and helping with running the show.

The moonee Beach reserve was fantastic, headlands similar to ones ive seen in nova scotia and newfoundland only more lush and with sea turtles and kangaroos going practically right up to the top f the headlands!

have to run now. post more soon.

big shout outs to Heather Martin. I hope you get your paper done soon.

http://www.bigbanana.com/

1 comment:

stholl said...

Amazing...so wonderful to hear even a short description of your incredible tour. Be well, give everyone my love. Did I ever tell you that Frangipanni is my favorite oil scent from my "flower child" days..still have some in my stash of fragrance.
Love, Mom